Friday, May 5, 2023

Made it to LA—getting psyched!


Journey went off without a hitch. Was literally trembling as I got to EWR, and was nervous wreck until the United app confirmed my bike had been "loaded on aircraft" (which was of course an excuse for a celebratory drink, or two....not sure what my excuse was at 7 a.m. at the United Club!). It was a bit more awe-inspiring than usual contemplating the vastness of this country from above, knowing what was planned for the journey ahead!


All arrived in tact. 


Bike arrived and derailleur reinstalled (thanks Mara!) and even got out for a short spin in my old hood (though not before struggling with some in-hotel tire changing due to a metal shard in rear tire -- even I can't blame United or the TSA for that one!). Met the Crossroads support team (they're awesome!) and settled in at the Ritz MDR (my LA home away from home for the last 30 years!) until Saturday's orientation and Sunday wheel dip. This is really happening!



 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Ride Reflections and Ramblings

I Did It! (And Happy July 4th!) https://give.michaeljfox.org/fundraiser/4506974 I did it. It's over. I rode my bike across the USA. 3400...